If you haven't seen it, here it is!
What you need:
- Some sort of software to edit images, even MS Paint will do.
The basics of how to get the effects used in the video are outlined below:
Step 1: Create some images for you to use in your video that are similar to the ones below.
Step 2: Use the Audiogram Wizard to upload audio, make sure your video has the Audio Transcription switched ON for Captions.
Step 3: Use the "base image" from above as the background image for the video and turn the Wave Type to NONE.
Step 4: When you are in the editor insert the "both talking" image when both men are talking in the audio track⎯place it in the Media timeline.
Step 5: Insert "Marc talking" in the Media timeline aligned with when Marc is talking in the audio.
Click here for info on how to add images to your Media timeline.
- On the left side of the screen where it says Transcript you should see a blue button that says STYLE. Click that.
- Move the captions into the speech bubble part of the base image.
- Find the tab that says ANIMATIONS on the far right of the window. Click that.
- Select ON for the Karaoke Style. You can choose whatever colors you want for that part. Marc Maron's video uses white and a dark grey.
For info on the Karaoke effect, click here.
Step 7: For the ZZZ image, books image, and little pig image, those were emojis inserted into a text field. You can do a Google search to find emojis, copy and paste in the text field and then click on the custom tab to change the size and you can also move the position of the emoji around.
Step 8: This is how to get the end effect where the text is different than the rest of the video. The creator used 5 different images. Each image was inserted into the Media timeline one after another, starting with "How" and ending with "How did that get there?" Make sure all image transitions are OFF. Adjust the timing until it looks correct!